Is it safe to travel to Cozumel right now?
What are some safety precautions I should take?
- Take a taxi at night.
- Don’t walk around showcasing expensive electronics.
- Only take out money from ATMs inside a bank.
- Never carry around all your credit cards and cash.
- Use a money belt.
- Don’t wear flashy jewelry.
- Ask locals for advice.
- Don’t leave an unopened drink unattended.
What are some things I should avoid while I’m there?
- Don’t drink the tap water in Cozumel.
- Avoid parts of the beach where there are red or black flags. These signify dangerous sea conditions.
- Don’t take a taxi without confirming the price beforehand.
- Consider using cash on the island so that no one can make a copy of your bank cards.